Rome to Calabria – Oct 2013
ONLY 3 SPACES LEFT!!
October 17th to 27th
$3500 + Airfare Taxes (approx. $487)*
*Pricing is based on double occupancy and is per person.
CLICK HERE to see photos from our 2012 tour!
Day 1: Thursday October 17th
Depart from Pearson International in Toronto for your flight to Fiumicino International in Rome.
Day 2: Friday October 18th
You will arrive at Fiumicino International Airport and be met by us, Julie Hilton of The Uxbridge Travel Centre and Angelo Tramonti of Sarafino who will serve as your Culinary Tour hosts. You will also meet Roberto Carere, a Calabrian native who will serve as our bus driver and tour guide throughout your Italian tour!
You will have time to drop your luggage and we will set off on our first of many walking tours, this one to the Vatican!
Upon our return to the hotel you will have time to unpack, settle into the hotel and explore before meeting for dinner.
Day 3: Saturday October 19th
We will have a typical Italian buffet breakfast at our hotel and will then depart for a guided tour of Rome. You will see the Coliseum, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and a few other hidden gems!
Lunch and the afternoon will be on your own as you explore this magnificent city.
We will then meet for dinner and return to the hotel.
(B, D included)
Day 4: Sunday October 20th
Optional excursions are also available to book through The Uxbridge Travel Centre.
In the early evening we will set out on a ‘Fabioulous’ cooking class adventure. Chef Fabio will share his culinary secrets to make the classic Italian pastas you love! You will start with a visit to the local market to buy the fresh ingredients of the season. At the end of the lesson you will eat what you have prepared. We will then return to the hotel to finish day four.
(B, D included)
Day 5: Monday October 21st
After breakfast at the hotel we will depart for Naples where we will have a guided tour of the city. After lunch and some exploration on your own we will meet for a pizza making class! You will learn how to make the infamous Pizza Napoletana and take home a certificate to show off your new pizzaola skills.
We will then carry on and check in to our 4 star accommodations in Castellammare di Stabia. You will have a free evening to explore this gulf town with it’s incredibly romantic views!
(B, D included)
Day 6: Tuesday October 22nd
After breakfast on the terrace at the hotel, we will be led on a guided tour of the excavations at Pompei. This beautiful city was partially destroyed and buried under 4-6 m of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. It was lost for nearly 1700 years before its rediscovery in 1748. Today it is a Unesco World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy.
After lunch on your own, you will have the option of either exploring Pompei and the impressive Sanctuary of the Madonna or exploring the impressive crater of Vesuvius. The crater was active until 1944! (Additional $ for Vesuvius excursion)
After a full day of exploring we will enjoy dinner back at the hotel for the end of day 6.
Day 7: Wednesday October 23rd
After breakfast at the hotel, we will travel to the Costiera Amalfitana by boat where you will have a guided tour of the picturesque towns of Amalfi and Positano. You will have many breathtaking views to snap photos of!
After an authentic seafood lunch you will have time to explore this stunningly beautiful coastal region!
We will then make our way to the hotel for dinner to end day 7.
Day 8: Thursday October 24th
After breakfast at the hotel we will travel to Battipaglia where you will tour Café Pareo and learn about their unique oak roasted espresso. After getting your morning cup of java we will head to a dairy farm to learn how the famous Mozzarella Di Bufala is made. Believe it or not the bufala are treated to massages and listen to classical music! Enjoy a lunch made with the best and freshest cheese, yogurt and gelato you will ever taste!
In the afternoon we will depart for our drive to Calabria! We will check in to our hotel – Uliveto Principessa – and then be transferred to dinner.
Day 9: Friday October 25th
After breakfast at the hotel, we will depart for our hands-on tour with Sarafino’s family at Olearia San Giorgio. For the past 70 years the Fazari family has taken great care in producing award winning, world renowned olive oil from the more than 100 hectares of olive groves.
Our tour will begin in the groves where you will learn about picking and pruning the olives. (CLICK HERE to watch a video of the process) After time to stroll through the ancient
trees and snap a few rolls of film we will be transported to the olive mill where you will learn about the extraction and bottling of the liquid gold.
You will be treated to a tasting of the freshest oil you will ever try!
Our afternoon will be spent touring San Giorgio Morgeto. This beautiful town overlooks the fertile plain of Gioia Tauro. There are many medieval doorways, narrow streets between tall houses, underpasses, tunnels and stairways!
We will then transfer for dinner to Scilla (pronounced Sheila) one of the most beautiful places in Calabria.
Day 10: Saturday October 26th
We will depart for Reggio Calabria, the largest and oldest city in the region and the second oldest city in Italy. Along the way we’ll stop at a peasant farm for breakfast.
You will have the opportunity to see the Bronze Riace statues, taste Ceasar’s Icecream and walk along the most beautiful kilometer in Italy!
In the late afternoon we will head back to the hotel in Cittanova where you can explore the grounds nestled among the olive trees! You will have time to relax before we depart for our farewell dinner at a typical restaurant in San Giorgio Morgeto.
Day 11: Sunday October 27th
After an early breakfast in the hotel we will depart for our flight home from LaMezia Terme Airport where you will connect through Rome on your way to Toronto.
Terms and Conditions
- Must have good to excellent walking abilities.
- Rates include roundtrip airfare, accommodations and inclusions as per the itinerary.
- $300.00 non refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. Balance due 45 days prior to travel.
- Minimum number of 13 bookings required to guarantee departure and airfare.
- Airfare taxes are separate and are subject to change.
- A surcharge of $100.00 is applicable if paying by credit card.
- Cancellation Charges – 45 Days or more prior to departure – $300.00 deposit, Less than 45 days – 100% of total price is non refundable
- Flight schedules and/or flight times may change with or without notice.
- Some itinerary details may be subject to change.
- Single supplement of $500.00 will apply for the duration of the trip.
- Liability: Travel arrangements made by Uxbridge Travel Centre are subject to the terms, conditions and tariffs set out by our suppliers. Uxbridge Travel Centre will not assume liability for any refunds, losses, damage, costs or expenses arising out of injury, accident or death, loss of, or damage to, or delay in baggage or other property, delay, inconvenience, upset, disappointment, stress, frustration, or loss of enjoyment or loss of holiday time resulting from:(i) the act or fault or omission by any party other than by the Uxbridge Travel Centre or its agents;
- (ii) mechanical breakdown, government action, weather, strike or any other action beyond its control;
- (iii) being denied access to aircraft due to contravening the airlines conditions of carriage;
- (iv) the traveller missing flight connections or departures or failing to follow instructions of tour representatives.
If you have any questions or would like to book please contact
email@example.com or 416-970-4451