Rome to Calabria – 2014
October 16th to 26th
$3900 + Airfare Taxes (approx. $512)*
*Pricing is based on double occupancy and is per person.
CLICK HERE to see photos from our 2013 tour!
Day 1: Thursday October 16th
Depart from Pearson International in Toronto for your flight to Fiumicino International in Rome.
Day 2: Friday October 17th
You will arrive at Fiumicino International Airport and be met by us, Heather Cotie of The Uxbridge Travel Centre/Sarafino, Roberto Carere, a Calabrian native who will serve as our bus driver and tour guide throughout your Italian tour and our English speaking guide!
We will transfer via charter bus to our 4 star accommodations located right in the heart of Rome.
You will have time to drop your luggage and we will set off on our first of many walking tours, this one to the Vatican!
Upon our return to the hotel you will have time to unpack, settle into the hotel and explore before meeting for dinner.
Day 3: Saturday October 18th
We will have a typical Italian buffet breakfast at our hotel and will then depart for a guided tour of Rome. You will see the Coliseum, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and a few other hidden gems!
Lunch will be on your own as you explore this magnificent city.
In the early evening we will set out on a ‘Fabioulous’ cooking class adventure. Chef Fabio will share his culinary secrets to make the classic Italian pastas you love! At the end of the lesson you will eat what you have prepared. We will then return to the hotel to finish day three.
(B, D included)
Day 4: Sunday October 19th
After breakfast at the hotel, we will be led on a guided tour of the excavations at Pompeii. This beautiful city was partially destroyed and buried under 4-6 m of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. It was lost for nearly 1700 years before its rediscovery in 1748. Today it is a Unesco World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy.
After lunch and some exploration on your own we will meet for a pizza making class! You will learn how to make the infamous Pizza Napoletana and take home a certificate to show off your new pizzaola skills.
We will then carry on and check in to our 4 star accommodations in Castellammare di Stabia. You will have a free evening to explore this gulf town with it’s incredibly romantic views!
Day 5: Monday October 20th
After breakfast at the hotel we will head out for a full day guided tour of Naples including the Cristo Valato.
We will then return to the hotel for a typical Neapolitan dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Tuesday October 21st
After breakfast on the terrace of the hotel overlooking the gulf, we will travel to Caserta for a guided tour. Highlights include the Royal Palace which is a Unesco World Heritage Site, a stroll through the park and free time in the market place for lunch and shopping.
In the evening we will return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Wednesday October 22nd
After breakfast at the hotel, we will travel to the island of Capri by boat where you will have a guided tour of this celebrity ridden tourist destination. You will have many breathtaking views to snap photos of! We will then tour the caves and Faraglioni (three famous rocks that rise up out of the sea) by private boat.
We will then make our way to the hotel for dinner to end day 7.
Day 8: Thursday October 23rd
After breakfast at the hotel we will travel to Battipaglia where you will tour Café Pareo and learn about their unique oak roasted espresso. After getting your morning cup of java we will head to a dairy farm to learn how the famous Mozzarella Di Bufala is made. Believe it or not the bufala are treated to massages and listen to classical music! Enjoy a lunch made with the best
and freshest cheese, yogurt and gelato you will ever taste!
In the afternoon we will depart for our drive to Calabria! We will check in to our hotel and then be transferred to dinner.
Day 9: Friday October 24th
After breakfast at the hotel, we will depart for Reggio Calabria, the largest and oldest city in the region and the second oldest city in Italy.
In the early afternoon we will head for Tropea, home to one of the most beautiful beaches in Italy and the famous red onion! You will have free time for lunch.
We will then head back to the hotel in Cittanova. You will have time to relax before we depart for dinner at a typical restaurant in San Giorgio Morgeto.
Day 10: Saturday October 25th
After breakfast at the hotel, we will depart for our hands-on tour with Sarafino’s family at Olearia San Giorgio. For the past 70 years the Fazari family has taken great care in producing award winning, world renowned olive oil from the more than 100 hectares of olive groves.
Our tour will begin in the groves where you will learn about picking and pruning the olives. (CLICK HERE to watch a video of the process) After time to stroll through the ancienttrees and snap a few rolls of film we will be transported to the olive mill where you will learn about the extraction and bottling of the liquid gold.
You will be treated to a tasting of the freshest oil you will ever try!
We will then participate in a cooking class which will result in your lunch!
Our afternoon will be spent touring San Giorgio Morgeto. This beautiful town overlooks the fertile plain of Gioia Tauro. There are many medieval doorways, narrow streets between tall houses, underpasses, tunnels and stairways!
Day 11: Sunday October 26th
After breakfast in the hotel we will depart for our flight home from LaMezia Terme Airport where you will connect through Rome on your way to Toronto.
Terms and Conditions
- Must have good to excellent walking abilities.
- Rates include roundtrip airfare, accommodations and inclusions as per the itinerary.
- $400.00 non refundable deposit payable at the time of booking. Balance due 45 days prior to travel.
- Minimum number of bookings required to guarantee departure and airfare.
- Airfare taxes are separate and are subject to change.
- A surcharge of $100.00 is applicable if paying by credit card.
- Cancellation Charges – 45 Days or more prior to departure – $400.00 deposit, Less than 45 days – 100% of total price is non refundable
- Flight schedules and/or flight times may change with or without notice.
- Some itinerary details may be subject to change.
- Single supplement of $600.00 will apply for the duration of the trip.
- Liability: Travel arrangements made by Uxbridge Travel Centre are subject to the terms, conditions and tariffs set out by our suppliers. Uxbridge Travel Centre will not assume liability for any refunds, losses, damage, costs or expenses arising out of injury, accident or death, loss of, or damage to, or delay in baggage or other property, delay, inconvenience, upset, disappointment, stress, frustration, or loss of enjoyment or loss of holiday time resulting from:(i) the act or fault or omission by any party other than by the Uxbridge Travel Centre or its agents;
- (ii) mechanical breakdown, government action, weather, strike or any other action beyond its control;
- (iii) being denied access to aircraft due to contravening the airlines conditions of carriage;
- (iv) the traveller missing flight connections or departures or failing to follow instructions of tour representatives.
- Uxbridge Travel reserves the right to pass any Gov’t changes to the tax structure onto the consumer including airport taxes, G.S.T and H.S.T.
- In the event of an energy crises and/or devaluation of the Canadian dollar, all tours are subject to surcharge until 30 days prior to departure.
If you have any questions or would like to book please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-970-4451