- 5 Plum Tomatoes
- ½ Red Onion
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Sprinkle of Dried Oregano
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- ½ hot pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 3 small Portobello Mushrooms (optional)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (L’Aspromontano)
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (Il Bordeaux – Aged)
- Sprinkle of sea salt and ground pepper
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
Baguette cut up in bite size pieces then rubbed with olive oil before toasting on the BBQ.
Chop tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms and hot pepper into small bite size pieces. Add in the fresh chopped basil, oregano and garlic powder. Add Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper. Taste, as you may need to add in a little more balsamic vinegar. Marinate about ½ hour.
In a heavy duty foil open faced pouch, add the bruschetta mixture. Cook on the BBQ until it becomes bubbly stirring occasionally. Remove from heat off to the side. While that is resting, toast your baguette on both sides.
Top your toast with the bruschetta mixture and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle a bit of fresh ground pepper.
(courtesy of Christine Gobble, Port Perry)