Integrale (Brown Rice) Salad
Prep: 20min, Cook Time: 40-50min, Servings: 4
Optional – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Riso Di Sibari Integrale rice
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup Aspromontano Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Il Blu balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt to taste
- Pour the rice in a large bowl and cover with water. All the husks and damaged rice will float to the top. Repeat until no more items float.
- In a pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer and stir occasionally for 40-50 min or until desired tenderness is reached. Remove lid for the final 15 minutes of cooking and stir more often to prevent the rice from sticking. The rice should still be firm when removed from heat. Stir in a drizzle of oil to prevent rice from sticking.
- Transfer rice into a serving bowl and let cool. After cooled, add the celery, olive oil, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, carrot, parsley, balsamic and maple syrup. Cover, refrigerate, and serve cold.