Olive Oil Cakes with Cheese and Balsamic Jelly
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup Aspromontano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup milk, 2%
- 2 tbsp Solefrutta Orange/Lemon Marmalade
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla powder salt, pinch
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Thoroughly butter and flour the madeleine pan
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together. Add the extra virgin olive oil, milk, citrus marmalade and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla powder and salt. Stir into the olive oil batter and rest 10 minutes.
- Place one heaping tablespoon full into each mould and bake for 15-18 minutes and golden brown. Pans should be rotated during baking.
- Remove from pans immediately and allow to cool.
- 8 oz Monforte Belle Cheese
- 1 jar Balsamic Jelly
- Garnish each madeleine with a small rosette of belle cheese.
- Top cheese with an accent of balsamic jelly.
(courtesy of Mark Picone, Mark Picone Culinary Studio)