Soda Bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1, 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- 1, 1/2 tsps of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Then whatever you choose to season it with. This one had one tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and 1 tsp of rosemary. I also do one with 1/2 cup of raisins and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and the seasoning you choose (the spice, not the liquid part).
- Add buttermilk and other liquid seasoning (or raisons if using). Fold into the flour mixture
- Use the spoon to sort of make it into a ball (it gets really sticky so dust with flour if necessary)
- Put some flour onto your counter and dump the ball of dough on the counter.
- Roll it around a little to get the ball shape and then put onto a baking sheet (with parchment paper underneath)
- Use a knife to draw an “x” across the dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes (sometimes I find it takes a few extra minutes, stick a toothpick in the check)