Spiced Green Olive Salsa
- 4 slices bacon, thick, cut into lardons
- 4 jars Fabrizia Home Style Cracked Olives, drained, oil reserved, olives chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup red walnuts, toasted
- ¾ cup basil leaves, slivered
- salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon pieces over medium heat until they begin to crisp and the fat has rendered, about 10 minutes
- Add the olives, shallot and walnuts to the skillet and toss to coat in the fat. Add a couple pinches of salt and pepper and cook until warm.
- Add the basil and remaining olive oil to desired consistency.
- Place a portion of risotto on a warm plate.
- Top with a piece of salmon and a spoonful of salsa off the to the side.